Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Reading Notes: Part A of Rouse's Giant Crab

Book cover
(source: amazon)

To start off this reading assignment, I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed the variety this book had to offer from the other stories. Because it was from an actual copy of a book, there were illustrations in all of the stories which provided an aid for visualization in all of these stories.

I liked the story of the giant crab. The crab was a murderer as he would take these innocent animals that were drinking from the lake and drown them. He would also eat them after he drowned them. I was hoping he would die because I felt it was sad that the animals didn't have anywhere to drink.

The hypocritical cat was an interesting read to me because I have read another tale that uses different animals. Instead of a cat, there was a wolf. I forgot what the substitution of the rats were. It's interesting because the plot elements and dialogue are practically the same.

The mouse and the farmer was a pretty good story. I loved the relationship between the two as it showed loyalty and friendship. I thought it was pretty weird that the farmer killed his own cat though because he was bothering the mouse. He could have talked to the cat instead of death.

The talkative tortoise was such a sad story. I was so sad to see that the tortoise died simply because he was talkative. I think any message would definitely believe to follow directions of others and make sure to not talk if the moment one is in presents an improper sense.

---

Bibliography: Rouse's Giant Crab
Link to these stories

No comments:

Post a Comment